HiCap Parent Council
January 10, 2023
10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Hybrid: In-person & Zoom
Discussion Topic – Austina De Bonte’s EAP Transition Survey Research
9. Parent anticipatory worries were fairly low. Had some concerns about transitioning schools and socially, but not academically.
10. No statistical difference in parents who are satisfied initially vs later among elementary grade, but there was some difference among middle school students
11. For most kids, by the first 2 weeks, they have transitioned well.
12. Slightly more than half of kids had to change schools
13. Similar results to previous HiCap surveys
14. 70% did no test preparation
15. 20% of kids moving into district moved in with the intent to do HiCap