Make sure you stay informed of all things HiCap by subscribing to the mailing list.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Minutes from 6/21/2017 Meeting

6/21/17 – exiting, continuing and new board members
  • Intros
  • Nonprofit info
    • Advocate for community rather than self
    • Fiduciary responsibility
    • May not advocate for political campaigns
  • What did we do?
    • Class lists
    • Attend PTA meetings
    • Attend events
    • Send email to class parents or to teachers to send info to all parents
    • Get to know the principal and front office staff. Useful to get tables at events
    • HiCap people can sit on interview process for HiCap Schools
  • Mia will look into amazon smile for donations to the council
  • Group Norms
    • Do not deal with personal kid issues in district meetings
    • Do not lose your temper in district meetings
    • Do not schedule a meeting with admins just to vent
    • Do not bad mouth admins to the public
    • Be aware that all info given at district meetings is not always ready to be communicated to public.
  • District people
    • Jen Benson – Director of Interventions
    • Becky Anderson – Jen’s boss
    • Jack Huber – Director of Assessment – leaving
    • Vicky Coury – Exec assistant to Jan and Jack
  • Elect officers
    • President: Austina DeBonte
    • VP: Lauri Ferriola
    • Secretary: Angie Hancock
    • Treasurer: Kristy De Gris – Jakub to get info to Kristy
    • Toni motion to elect the slate, Angie Y seconds, Unanimous
  • Committee Heads
    • Diversity Committee: Helen Tudor, Toni, Angie Y, Mia
      • Work toward a representative population in our district in HiCap
      • Work toward universal testing during school hours
        • K, 1, 2, 5 suspected for next year
      • Multi language testing
      • Data Sweep
    • Webmaster: Angie Hancock - if other person is interested in this, spot is up for grabs
      • Add a timeline doc to help parents know when things happen
      • Events
      • Minutes
      • Other relevant docs
      • Get video of dyslexia laura rogan for website
    • Speaker Organizer: ??? open positions
  • Care Day: Northshore Middle School, 10am-3pm Thursday 29th – we have a table, Austina will be there, looking for Spanish speakers. Hand out flyers, etc.
    • Angie H motion, Helen second to spend money on photo copies for this event, Angie Y will help with graphics for the flyer and look at logo, Unanimous (probably $50)
  • Name tags: about $3 each person – Toni will look into this
  • Satisfaction Survey: Same as 2 years ago with 2 questions added. Austina will make it live soon
    • District willing to partner with us. Do we want to?
    • Disclosure statement about how we will use data
    • District will send out to their mailing list for hicap kids
    • Questions about testing could be sent to everyone…will they do that?
  • Paper lists of attendees at Open houses to EAP people
  • Austina will send committee members list to elected reps
  • Summer events
    • EAP Events – EAP reps to organize
    • Individual schools can organize - Menchie’s Night  (bonnie did this)
    • AAP Events – AAP reps to organize
  • Facebook page and website
  • Mailchimp intro
    • signed up several members, check junk folder for invites
  • Get mailing list updated from Jakub – bod@hcparents.com to add new people